UMP Institutional Repository

Effect of Mixing Ingredient on Compressive Strength of ISSA Concrete Containing Eggshell Powder

Tan, Yeong Yu and Doh, Shu Ing and Chin, Siew Choo (2016) Effect of Mixing Ingredient on Compressive Strength of ISSA Concrete Containing Eggshell Powder. In: Proceedings of The National Conference for Postgraduate Research (NCON-PGR 2016), 24-25 September 2016 , Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), Pekan, Pahang. pp. 649-654..

[img]
Preview
PDF
P088 pg649-654.pdf

Download (371kB) | Preview

Abstract

Waste management is one of the alarming issues in developing country like Malaysia. It is reported that sewage sludge and eggshell waste are generated annually. The amount of waste is expected to increase from year to year. Thus it is viable to investigate the possibility to turn waste into suitable construction materials in concrete production. In this paper, sewage sludge and eggshell waste are treated and used as blended cement to reduce the use of cement consumption in concrete production. At early stage of research, mortar cubes of mm of cubes were cast to identify the optimum percentage of ISSA. At the second stage, only optimum percentage of ISSA concrete were added with difference percentages of eggshell powder and tested by slump test and compressive strength. All the specimens were subjected to water curing before undergo compressive strength test. The optimum of ISSA and eggshell powder were 10% and 15% which capable to use as partial cement replacement. The total cement replacement is 25%. The compressive strength result was 37% higher than normal plain concrete. On the right formulation, ISSA and eggshell can be used partial cement replacement that exhibit optimum strength.

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item (Lecture)
Uncontrolled Keywords: incinerated sewage sludge ash, eggshell powder, compressive strength, partial cement replacement
Subjects: T Technology > TA Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General)
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Civil Engineering & Earth Resources
Depositing User: Rosfadilla Mohamad Zainun
Date Deposited: 20 Dec 2016 01:17
Last Modified: 21 Feb 2018 06:39
URI: http://umpir.ump.edu.my/id/eprint/15780
Download Statistic: View Download Statistics

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item